Want to get your hands dirty on a working farm while getting paid to be outdoors? Apply for our Field Assistant position at Norwell Farms!
Field Assistant Description:
Norwell Farms is looking for farmers who are passionate about hands-on, fast-paced farm work. If you are interested in learning about sustainable agriculture from the ground up, we are interested in hearing from you. Farmers work directly with the Farm Manager to grow and harvest high quality produce for our CSA, farm stand, and farmer’s markets. These positions are full-time* seasonal jobs from April until November/December 2017—only hard working and reliable applicants need apply.
Field Assistant Responsibilities:
· Production: Production tasks include greenhouse seeding, propagation, and watering. Field production tasks include transplanting, irrigation, and cultivation of weeds.
· Harvest: Daily harvest of crops to meet CSA, farm stand, and market needs. Harvest also includes post-harvest washing, packing, and storage of crops.
· Marketing: Help be the face of the farm while members pick up shares and customers browse the shelves at our farm stand and markets. Marketing tasks also include packing CSA shares and preparing for markets.
· Tractor: Qualified candidates will have the opportunity to learn about our primary tillage tractor and cultivating tractor. Tasks include ploughing, bed forming, and mechanical cultivation.
Field Assistant Qualifications:
· Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
· Ability to work outdoors an average of 45-55 hours per week in all weather conditions
· Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly
· Willingness and eagerness to learn on a working farm
· Background in sustainable agriculture or other outdoor centric jobs encouraged
· Tractor experience a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
If you think this position might be a good fit with your experience and ability, please email a letter of interest and resume to Scott Franklin at scott(at)norwellfarms.com. Positions will remain open until filled. To learn more about Norwell Farms, please visit www.norwellfarms.com or on Facebook.
*Given the right candidate, part-time positions may be considered.
Norwell Farms is an equal-opportunity employer.